The Old Crab and Beach House

Brian and I started out day two by going down to the Promenade and visiting his old work place, The Old Crab and Beach House.
We have kept in touch with the owners, John and Joanna and associates and send them Christmas cards each year. They were happy to see us all and to see just how big Zoey has grown in the last two years that we have been away. This is us inside the shop.
Lunch
Then, we had lunch at one of our old favorite spots on the Prom, The Big Kahuna Island Grill. Here is Brian giving me a great, big smile.
I look so happy because I just ordered the delicious teriaky pineapple chicken sandwich. It was soooo good! New recipie ideas for home!
This is Zoeys' rock collection that she got from John and Joanna's store. She absolutely loves rocks and likes to match all the colors together making out pairs with one big and one little. Then, she points and tells us "Dis is da Mama wock n dis is da bebe wock."
This is a very happy little Zoey girl.
To the Beach
After lunch, we met up with Tiffany and her kids, including Brett's two, Ryan and Jaz. This is the beach in Seaside.
Here is Bri and Tiff. They are laughing at me 'cause I am playing photographer again and chasing Zoey around in the sand to snap photos of her!
Sisters are Forever! Isn't that right, Roo?
Brian and Jenn with bunny ears!
Happy Vacation in Seaside, 2008!
I had to chase Zoey and force Brian to get a family photo real quick. Don't they both just look so happy to be posing? Ha Ha Ha! Okay guys, say "cheese"!
Here is Tiff sorting stuff in her "stroller" for the boys. I love that she pulls and old skool Radio Flyer wagon with her two sons inside. So totally Seaside, baby!

Here is Brian being a good Uncle. He volunteered to help lift all the kids into swings...

...made sure they didn't fall out and then, gave them each pushes to make them happy. Good job Brian! What a good Daddy and Uncle you are!
Jeepers Creepers husband, you are getting buff! Go Brian!
"Hi Zoey, what are you doing?" This is Zoey's first time to the beach ever since she was born in Seaside in 2005. She LOVED the beach sand!
Mommy-Daughter Adventure
Here Zoey discoved that the beach is bigger than just her little area by the sidewalk and she is looking to make sure that I am going to follow her and let her get away with venturing out further. Look at that sly little grin that says, "Hey Mommy, I want to go further. Are you coming with me or am I going to have to run and make you chase me?"

This is Zoey experiencing her first sights, smells and sounds of the ocean...the great expanse of deep blue-grey water, the feel of the cold, salty breeze on her face and the loud roar of waves crashing. "Oh yeah, she's hooked now." Can you tell?
First, she had to feel the wet sand between her fingers...
"It feels sticky, Mama!"
Then, she sat mesmerized, watching how the waves crash and roll in.

"Wow, Look Mama!", she tells me. Zoey absolutely loved the beach and the ocean. In fact, I think that it was probably her most favorite part of our whole vacation!

--"Our journeys in life sometimes bring us to unexpected places where we can see with absolute clarity just what Heaven must be like. We have walked on a glass mirror reflection of where Angels walk above with footsteps that are infinate."--
When Zoey was bending down getting hand fulls of sand, she reminded me of a little indian child, discovering the world around her with such reverence, respect and deep facination for it all. I had such a wonderful time with her out on the shore line that day. Even though it only lasted about fifteen minutes, it is a moment in time and vision of her beauty and innocence that will be sealed in my memory forever.
Here is Zoey, caught in the act of throwing her cute little handfuls of sand at Mommy! My little stinkerpot. You are just like your Mama; Sweet and sour, so bratty but, fun and full of love!
Mommy and Zoey. "I love you, baby!"
Seaside Views
Okay, here are some cool 360 shots of Seaside Beach. This is the Seaside Hotel and Resort.

This is a view looking down the Boardwalk at all the motels and cool beach houses.
This is the beach and you can see tire tracks from the coast guards.
Here is Jazmine and Ryan coming back from getting thier feet wet.
This is Tillamook Head. Brian and I have actually hiked this mountain with Zoey when she was only three months old, strapped to Brian's chest in her baby carrier. It took us three hours and we hiked six miles in all. It was really beautiful! There is also a little lighthouse right off of the shore but, you can never see it because of all the fog.
The Swingset

My little sister, Tiffany. So cute!

Me, Jenn Sue Sid!
Zoey swinging. "Weeeee!"
Big Daddy, Brian!
End of the day...
After a long, fun filled day of adventure, we headed back to the homestead for some yummy dinner and more family bonding. Here is Zoey, like the sunset...
Going...Going...
Gone.
2 comments:
Awww...I love how you write through the eyes and thoughts of Zoey. She will love to lookin at the story of her life when she is biiger. Great pictures too.
Really good pics and comments Jenn. You really should become a children's book author and illustrator. You can capture the essence of a picture and put it into such beautiful words. I can't do that. It is a real talent that you have. I loved all the pics of Zoey on the beach.
Post a Comment