Thursday, August 21, 2008

August Rush

"Feeling Crazy!"

August has been so busy! With the end of summer school, my shoulder surgery, a visit from Erica and family, our Temple Sealing with Brian and Zoey, the Saturday swim and BBQ party, our friend's Birthday parties, back to work only one week after surgery, Doctors appointments and physical therapy and Fall semester starting at UNLV at the end of this month, I have definately had my hands full and my head is still spinning! I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything done in time this month. Its been crazy.

Brett is staying with us for two weeks while he and Kim are working things out. We are glad to have him and Zoey has grown so attatched to her "Unca Bwit" (Uncle Brett), asking him to lift her up into her highchair for dinner, wanting to hold his hand during the prayer, playing hide and seek and games with him, brushing her teeth together with him, asking him to read her bedtime stories and she has even started asking Brian and I to "go find Unca Bwit...me give him kiss goodnight too." Too cute.

Other great news! Brian got our computer up and running again and thinks that he has located the problem- a faulty memory card and Windows crashed on top of that. However, he has now discovered that he actually did made a back up of all our files just one or two weeks prior to the 'crash' and so, we didn't lose all of our photo files like I had feared! Yeah! Thank goodness for back ups and hard drives! Thanks Brian-my computer whiz!

My shoulder is doing better now and I actually have it out of the sling already just 13 days post-surgery. I cant stand the sling. I am doing great without it. I recover fast. I know that I sound like I am justifying taking my sling off early, I do because I just reread that sentence and laughed but, it's true! I remember it was the same with my back surgery and even after my C-Section, I was up walking around trying to clean the house and do chores within just days of each of my surgerys. Its a good thing too because there is truly "no rest for the weary" and as Dad always says, "the show must go on".

I will post photos of our Temple Sealing as soon as possible. In the meantime, check out Erica's page for sneak peeks and I am so sorry KayLynn and Brett for not thinking of my two other Las Vegas siblings for the Saturday festivities. The BBQ idea got planned so quickly-only 3 days prior, that I just wasn't thinking past my shoulder surgery the next day and also, I guess I just figured that you would both probably be too busy or at work but, I should have called. I love you guys and I promise I will make it up to ya'll somehow.

So, what is the next holiday coming up? Lets have a party!!

1 comment:

DJ said...

I'm glad your computer is back up and running and that you didn't lose important info or pictues, I need to back up my photo files, I have almost 1,000 pictures, I would be sick if I lost them. I'm also glad to hear your shoulder is healing quickly, hopefully that will make life a little easier. I go in tomorrow to talk to the doc about my hip, arthritis has set in and it hurts to sleep, walk, climb stairs, etc. Ugh!!! Tell Brett hi for me, I think of him often. Hopefully things will work out for him. Good luck on your new classes, I started mine on Saturday.