Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Baracade

Last night Zoey got mad at us for telling her she couldnt watch a movie, so she yelled and screamed at us and slammed the door to her room. She then proceeded to lock us out by baracading the door with items, such as, her dolly highchair, her big dragonball toy, some stuffed animals, a piggy bank and finally, a chair that she firmly sat down in after sprinkling a handful of her ladybug thumbtacks right underneath the door frame for any unsuspecting toes!! We could hear her moving furniture and things around in there but, it wasn;t until Brian brought me the handful of tacks that I began to worry. What in the world was she thinking? Door slamming, baracading the door and setting booby traps at three years old? Jeepers creepers, heaven help me. I finally pushed the pile far enough to peek my head in the door and asked her what she was doing and she told me, "Go away Mommy and just leave me alone." I finally got in the room and we had a big long talk. I always knew that I was going to have my own little "Jenny" to deal with in time, I just never imagined that it would happen so soon. Later that same night, when it was bedtime and we told her to get into bed, she looked us both square in the face and said, "No, its storytime...damn it!" Are you kidding me? That was all I could think to say while Brian and I tried not to laugh. I can't believe some of the stuff that my child thinks of to say and do. I also can't believe how old I feel trying to explain the facts of life to her, including some of the most famous and most quoted parenthood lines, such as, "You are not allowed to slam doors in this house or you are going to lose your door. You do not lock Mommy and Daddy out. You do not say naughty words or tell Mommy and Daddy what to do. This is our house and you live under our roof and play by our rules." Yep, I swear we could be living right out of a TV family sitcom!

1 comment:

Michelle Lee said...

Oh My Goodness!! What a little stinker pot she is being. I can't believe the potty mouth at such a young age. Well, she is learning to push your buttons for sure. I can't help but laugh at all the silly things that she does. I keep thinking that I have this to look forward to but times two with my twin girls. Could you imagine having two Zoeys at the same time?? What kinds of trouble they could get into. Yep, I'm in for it when they get older. Just keep hugging Zoey and telling her you love her and she will learn that you love her no matter what she does.