Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I Got Tagged!

Okay, we just got our computer back again and it 4:01 am. I just finished all my papers that are due and so; it is, of course, time to play on blogspot.com, my new favorite pastime that is bordering on an obsession and “lo and behold”, I find out that Mom has tagged me! Not knowing what the heck that meant, I read Mom’s entries, assumed that I was supposed to just rant and rave about whatever odd thing came to mind and so, that’s just what I did. Then, I read Erica’s and realized how to play the game and so I tried my best to make everything fit into 6 things and they are definitely things I don’t think anybody would know. Enjoy! Especially since I don’t even have someone left to tag! You should only get to tag one person.

1. I work at Sam’s Club now and it kills my bad back, shoulder and feet and I suspect that I will soon have arthritis too. So, to make my job more enjoyable and keep me from going insane, I have found pleasure and bizarre enjoyment in the repetition of swiping the items past the scanner, hearing the little beeping noise and pushing the buttons as fast as I can with a little flourish of my wrist at the end. I especially enjoy using the scanning gun, laying everything across the belt on its front and then going from one side to the other, scanning everything super fast. The game is to see if I can make a constant beeping noise without a pause before I am done. If I have to pause, then it is because I didn’t catch a bar code fast enough and then, I lose points in my deranged head game. I also like flipping items from one hand to another and pretending that I am the Tetris master when I am loading the items into the carts. (We don’t have bags and almost everything is either a box or a cylinder shape; fun, fun, fun). My favorite part is trying to read people’s names on their club cards before I hand them back to them and I have been complimented many a time on my accuracy in pronouncing Spanish, Russian, Polish, Asian and Indian names, just to name a few.

2. At school, I am doing really well in my classes and I just finished a six hour marathon of typing and retyping papers or essays to go into my final portfolio for teaching (that is due in a week) since we just got our computer back after sending in for repairs for the second time this month. Tomorrow, I will be writing and typing my entire Cultural Diversity paper that is due next Tuesday in one day, like usual. My favorite quark about school and writing papers is that I can type fast and finish my paper within an hour or two but, will sit for another half hour, monkeying with fonts and type sizes, underlining, bold and adding decorative bullets.

3. I take pictures of everything and then, all of my pictures get lost in the camera or in the computer never to be heard of again. I especially like to take pictures of Zoey’s disasters, such as, her lovely poo-poo creations after she has taken off her diaper or the latest extravaganza, smearing desitin all over her body, clothing, face and hair after climbing out of the crib and onto the changing table. (Yes, pictures will be coming soon to my blog of that episode.) Zoey is turning two this month and driving me crazy with all her antics. Sometimes to get back at her, I wait until she is totally involved in her cartoon and then, I come over and drive her crazy, trying to hug her to death, tickle her, talk to her or ask silly questions or steal kisses, which makes her scream, “nnnnoo”. I also like to squirt her with my spray bottle when she won’t get out of my stuff in the bathroom and I flick water on her like Mom used to do to us from the kitchen sink.

4. I wear glasses now and I think they look great when I am going for the preppy, smart school girl look but, the rest of the time they drive me crazy and I look at them as an accessory that doesn’t match. I am turning 30 this year and I am starting to get wrinkles. My skin doesn’t seem to be elastic any more and I am starting to look ‘older’. Therefore, I am close to a nervous breakdown any day. I have almost stopped caring how I look now and get dressed in the first available outfit that matches and feels ‘comfy’. My hair is driving me crazy because it is winter time and static electricity is my enemy. So, I end up wearing it in a ponytail half the time which makes me look like a dork. Add in the glasses and the dork costume is complete!

5. When I drive in the car, I like to listen to country music. My favorites are Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith, etc. I love to sing along and sometimes I think that I should join the choir at church because I sing pretty well. When Zoey is in the car, she goes nuts and rocks from side to side, making the entire car jiggle if we are stopped at a red light, snapping her fingers and clicking her tongue with wild eyes to the beat of the music.

6. My favorite snack that I am stuck on right now are peanut and almond bars that are stuck together with some kind of delicious crunchy honey ‘goop’substance with plenty of additives and probably, yellow #1 to boot. Since I have started working and going to school full time, I have started understanding the value of microwave/ instant foods, family size pre-made oven dinners and I have even finally invested in a deluxe bag of chicken nuggets for Zoey. I even use the dish washer now that I am not home all day to wash each fork by hand and I snicker about the idea that I once had that kind of time.

No comments: