Monday, January 28, 2008

Computer Fritz & Update

Just a quick note to let everyone know that our computer is on the fritz again and has been for the past three weeks. We are working on getting it fixed but, in the meantime, no new postings will be going up. I started a new semester at UNLV this week. I am taking English, Spanish and NV History. Should be an intresting year. I also finally got the transfer/promotion to the pharmacy and along with my three month evaluation raise, I am making almost a dollar more an hour. Go Jenn! I sprained my back last week and was bed bound for two days, out of work for four and walking with canes that Brian bought for me for the last two days off after visiting the Emergency room at the hospital with back spasms and pain so severe that they took pity on me and gave me a "coctail" of valium and perkoset. I think I did it lifting Zoey into her highchair. My back has always been just one big problem for me. At least Brian was able to give me a blessing of comfort the night that it happened and then, he had an Elder come over and they gave me a blessing of healing. Brian also called and had my name put on the list for prayers for the Las Vegas Temple sessions. What a good husband. Brian recently got his first calling in church as a counceler in the Sunday School presidency..he makes sure that all of the classes have a teacher each Sunday and finds one or fills in for them if they dont. We are very excited about the growth and progress we are making in the church and as soon as our computer is up and running, I will be posting my entire 5 page talk that I wrote and gave in Sacarament meeting for church three weeks ago. I am calling it "Into the Light-the story of my life" and have decided, after seeing the tears and hearing the great responces to my talk in church, that I will try submitting it to the LDS magazine, "The Ensign". I also must say before going that we were so saddened to hear of the loss of our prophet, Gorden B. Hinkley and we have a prayer in our hearts today for the love he shared with us all. Love to all my family and friends, Jennifer

2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

Hi Jenn, so sorry to hear about your back. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with your classes at UNLV. Those might be some hard classes, but I know you will finish them. I can't wait to see pictures of you guys and to read your talk from church. I was sad to hear the news about President Hinkley too. We miss you guys and can't wait for visits. Love you lots, Shelly

ebow said...

I hope your back strengthens up so you can live your life--how frustrating! It is always so great to hear how well you guys are doing. You guys are proof that miracles exist and happen in our day. We can't wait to see everyone this summer!