Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More to Add to ZMD...

I have decided to add a few more items to my evidence files on Zoey's Monster Disorder, ZMD. You can get the full diagnosis on ZMD disorder on the post prior to this one. In this first segment, you should know that nothing is off limits to this child, who seems to believe and has even told me outright, that she is a real "princess" and everyone has to do whatever she says. Enjoy the show!

Zoey's Bedroom

This is Zoey's bed flipped upside down from her laying on her back and kicking upward.

This is fabulous blue dry eraser marker all over her bookshelf...

and on the wall...

and on her dresser...

and her toys...

and on the rug! Isn't that great!?

Mommy's stuff

Zoey, left alone in my bedroom, will empty out every jewelry box and decorate herself, the door knobs and even, her dolls.
Bath Time Fun


If left alone in the tub with the soap down where she can reach it, I end up with this...

The "Bubble Bath Loch Ness Monster"! Fortunately, I have only made this mistake once and it took me nearly ten minutes just to get the darn bubbles to empty down the drain afterwards.

Time Outs

When we first moved into this house, Zoey was about 2 years old, (and of course, back then, the house was still all nice and perfect), we used to put Zoey in her 'time out' at the top of the stairs. Well, it wasn't long before we figured out what she was doing to stay so quiet while waiting for her time to run out...
She was biting holes in the paint, plaster and dry wall, scraping off huge chunks with her teeth! "That will show them!", she must have thought.

"Oh, Yummy."

Next, we moved her to the bottom of the stairs and guess what she found down there to chew on?

Yup, our beautiful and extremely expensive $, wooden window shutters!

See the little bite marks we tried to cover up? I swear, we did not starve the child. The little monster-head just loved the taste of fresh, household paint!

Next, on display, was the time that I foolishly allowed my 3 year old to carry the clorox bleach scrub from one bathroom to the next and she decided to carry it upside down and open, leaving a trail of squiggly lines and small dots on our carpets.

This is the very expensive Pottery Barn rug that we got from Brian's parents sitting in our bathroom. "Now, doesn't that nice yellow sploch mark just add a little something to that plain old one-tone colored rug anyway?"

"I mean, really, who's going to notice?"

I did mention "Purple Polka-Dots" on the bedroom and closet carpet, didn't I? "I mean, gosh, I really just love Clorox products. They are so unpredicable and disasterous yet, so absolutely certain to efficiently brighten up your day and your carpets, not just your toilets! Now, thats a garauntee you can count on!"

2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

I hope to learn from all of Zoey's messes...that I have to be careful about watching my girls at ALL TIMES!!! Goodness, she did some damage around the house. Especially for such a sweet innocent little girl. We all still love you Zoe Zoe Monster!!! So sorry Jenn...you have to clean up all the messes. I love your posts and the comments make me laugh.

DJ said...

You seriously should write articles about Zoey and publish them...I can't stop laughing...not at you mind you...with you :)