Zoey has a serious disease. Its called the Monster Disorder. If left alone for long enough, which can be as short as 10 minutes, Zoey suddenly turns into a little monster, sneaking around the house, getting into things and creating major disasters. Here is the proof I have gathered for my medical diagnosis...
Evidence #1:
Zoey discovered a bottle of nail polish in my puse, decided she was going to paint her nails, which ended up being her entire fingers on both hands, and then twirled in a circle, sprinkling "fairy magic" on the carpet. Thats when I walked in, delighted at her creativity, for sure. Yeah, right!
Evidence #2:
That same morning, Zoey decided that she was thirsty and tried to pour herself a cup of grape juice. I didn't notice it until a few hours later, at which time, the grape juice had started to ferment, causing the entire kitchen to smell like a wine vineyard and had begun to stain the tile grout black.
Evidence #3:
Also, that same morning, as Zoey loves to go and pick out her own cartoons from the library, for some reason, she also loves pulling off the sticker that reads, property of the Las Vegas Library, making it so that the DVD gets stuck inside of the player. This is actually the second time she has done this and only Brian knows how to get them out.
Evidence #4:
Today, I woke up after Zoey; my big mistake! This is, by far, the worst mess she has ever made, (tying a close race with the time she took a green dry erase marker to her entire room, marking up her crib, dresser, sheets, walls and rocking chair. I have no pictures of it because I was so shocked and devistated at the time at sight of her "art work" that I went straight to cleaning it up. Luckily, I was able to remove the marker with a little help from clorox bleach scrub and water.) However, as you will see below, this is a photo of our office floor, which is now covered in a lovely shade of bright, blood red acrylic paint! Brian says that it looks like someone was murdered in there and unfortunatly, after calling 2 carpet cleaners, I was told there is no hope of ever fixing this one.
Evidence #5:
Lastly, we found Zoey, who was supposed to be playing outside, eating her popsicle and blowing buubles, inside of our fire pit in the back yard! (Don't even ask me how she managed to get inside and close the lid after herself!)
Thus ends Dr. Mom's theory of my child's crazed behavior, ZMD and also explains what I am now refering to as my "Mommy Maddness"!

4 comments:
What? Moving in a few months??? Where? By the way--those are pretty bad stains--worse than ones I can remember with my kids. Sorry!
Regen is the same way!!!! She is a climber and will find whatever she can to push infront of the counter so she can climb onto it and get the knives. we have stains in our carpet too from her that I can not get out.
OMGosh...I can't believe that I have that to look forward too...times two!! What kind of trouble to you think that twins will get into?? I love your post and your doctor diagnosis...too funny!!! You and Brian have your hands full with Zoey. She is pretty sneaky when she wants to play with mommy and daddy's special paint and nail polish. I keep waiting for my girls to get to that stage. Right now, Chantrell gets her way by standing and arching her back and screaming bloody murder for me to pick her up, read her a book, etc... Brenna keeps to herself and doesn't need my attention all day long. They are both too funny and amaze me everyday with all that they are learning.
When Ashley was 3, we had just bought two matching lazyboy recliners, pale blue even, well I heard Ashley talking and I looked behind the chair, and there she was with my red lipstick writing all over the back of the chair. We found the coolest stain remover, I can't remember what it's called now, but it took it right out. Another time when April was 2, she was napping and I smelled this horrid smell coming from her room. I opened the door and on the lovely green shag carpet was poop lines rollered in from the stroller that she was pushing through her diaper over and over again. That was pretty disgusting.
I could go on and on and then the grandkids have their own stories I could share. It's never ending!!!
I should take a picture of the carpet upstairs that April and Damons dog destroyed. The dog ate a container of red leather dye...talk about a crime scene!!! We'll have to have that replaced one day too.
Post a Comment