
Last Sunday we had our House Warming Holiday Party in which no one showed up. We invited 30 people, 20 of which told us they were coming and after cooking, cleaning and decorating we sat waiting...and waiting. Then, the phone rang and 5 of the couples canceled with being sick, family emergencies, etc. It was pretty depressing and kind of crazy, like some bad Christmas movie where no one shows up for the party. At least Brians parents and Grandmother came, we ate lots of food, have a ton of leftovers and plan to try again next year. Do you like my wreath? I made it from a plain green wreath, adding the berries, pinecones and shiney pear with leaves.

Here is the Beautiful, tasty ham that I cooked. My first one ever. At least I know how to cook one now and I have come to the conclusion that had we had people show up, I really could actually throw a pretty great party by way of preparing and cooking delicious food, etc.

This is my little decoration vase I made. I got the idea from a Pottery Barn magazine but, mine only cost about $7 to make versus $30. I got the vase at Walmart, bought pine cones and then threw in a couple of berries and leaves That I bought for my wreath.

This is our baby Christmas tree. It us a little fiber optic tree with miniture decorations. We wanted to get a real one this year but, it was too expensive and we had decided to spend that money on our pretend party instead. Ha Ha, its all pretty funny. Anyway, it is really cute when its all lit up at night. I just can't pull off getting a good night photo.
Here is Zoey before the Party trying to hide from me so that she won't have to get dressed up. Isn't she a little cutie? Hey Rhiannon, recognize your old nightgown? She fits in it!

Here is my cute little name badge for work at Sams club. I am actually working towards a transfer from cashiering to the Pharmacy and will find out soon if I got the postion for the transfer to the brand new store as the cake decorator coming up in March. Hopefully that all goes through soon so that I can stop breaking my back and further destroying my right shoulder with all the lifting of heavy cases of water, bags of rice and supersized cans of tomatoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment