"Come Unto Me"I just wanted to let you all know that we made it to the Temple safe and sound on Saturday. The Temple was simply an amazing and wonderful experience and it has been life changing for us as far as recieving the blessings that will accompany the covenents that we have made. We are both so happy and relieved that we have finally made it to this point in our journey. We have been ready. The Celestial room was absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy that we finally know and understand what we are meant to do. Brian is setting our sealing date for Aug. 9th, if possible and I think that it is wonderful the way he has grown and stepped up to all of his callings. Brian and I celebrated together with lunch at the Olive Garden and when we got Zoey and went home, we spent a good deal of time sorting and trying on things, completely going through all of our clothing in the closet and dresser drawers, from swim suits to nightgowns, tank tops to shorts, basically from top to bottom, putting aside all that will no longer 'fit' correctly or could be considered immodest. I was glad to do it. I have known it was coming up for a long time now and I have been ready for the change. I feel happier, fuller and light hearted knowing that we are making wise desisions for ourselves as a couple and for our family's future. I want to be like an angel of God. Brian also did the ultimate 'clean sweep' on his movie collection and made a huge box of the last of his rated R or just 'not so uplifting' movies to sell/give away. I am so proud of him and, I will say, of myself. We have worked so hard, taken everything step by step and continue to work daily on beautifying our minds, bodies and spirits. Altogether, Saturday was completely refreshing and ultimately cleansing with all that we were able to learn at the Temple, as well as, finally completing the at home 'purging' process. Brian says we are simplifying our lives and making room for the spirit to grow. Our home is now a place of peace and holy happiness like never before. We Love you all so much.
Love Jennifer & Brian

5 comments:
Keep what you have now--all the wonderful feelings, the pureness of the truth--just as vibrant by simply living every day doing what you know is right. There is nothing hard to it. Challenges will come--that's Heavenly Father giving us opportunities to grow, but even through it all there is the peace that you now know exists. You have the "power" now to make it though anything because you have the fullness of the gospel and with that comes eternal perspective. We have the 9th of August marked on our calendar to come to your sealing. The kids are really proud of you guys and think this is all really cool--so do I! You two are proof that there are modern day miracles. Through God nothing is impossible. We love you!!!
Jen and Brian, congratulations! I have been hoping and praying that this day would come for you both. It has been a long road for you both, I remember talking to you once Jen in the pool in Vegas during one of our visits...and wondering if any of what I was telling you was sinking in. I'm so proud of you for your decisons that have lead you to this point...I remember when Kirk and I were sealed and they brought Aubrey to us and placed her between us all dressed in white, she looked like a little angel. What a wonderful experience it was, and will be for your family. Erica is right, just live each day doing what you know is right, and you will be blessed for it.
I am so proud of you!! You are being such an example to me. It is hard for me to get up and go to church but I just think, "If Jenn can do it, then so can I." It's my turn now to get sealed when Graham comes back and I thank you for being such an example to me.
That is wonderful news for your family. I know that you and Brian have been working hard at achieving this goal. We are very proud of the two of you. You both have certainly turned your life around for the good. Barry and I are amazed by the changes and we talk about the good example you are setting for others. Congratulations and we can't wait to see you.
Love, Shelly, Barry, and the twins
jenn, i can't tell you how happy these two posts have made me. you and brian are so solid, always working your hardest to make the gospel your own. it's so impressive to me - you have no idea how inspiring it is to see how hard you guys work for this stuff. i am always uplifted and in awe at the sacrifices you make and how much of your heart is invested in those sacrifices - seriously, it just warms my whole soul up. i'm so grateful to know you and brian and zoey. i am so proud of you guys and so, so happy for you. i love you guys.
Post a Comment