"LOVE IS INFINATE"
The joining of two young lovers, commiting to give to one another the rest of thier lives and an eternity of love and friendship.
I also wrote this love poem, entitled "Our Devotion", which I had copies made to put with each of the wedding favors. It was made extra special to have a copy of since it was the very poem that Brian and I actually read together aloud for our wedding ceremony.
Our wedding colors were turqouise blue and lavander purple. Funny, but, my colors were actually decided the day I bought my wedding dress and chose the blue sash to go with it. Incidently, Zoey's dress was chosen to be lavander and since she had to match Mommy...there you have it! I love the way everything came together to compliment each detail.
Here is the head table. I loved how each place setting recieved little gifts, my favor, a special card with our photo, little bells to ring, etc. It was all so cute.
This is one of the few pictures we brought from home to personalize our reception area. This is actually our very first family portrait taken in 2006. Zoey was one year old. I love how we all look like a little family of angels all dressed in white.
This is a photo of my family. It was the most recent one we have had taken since we have all grown and moved away from home. It is hard to get us all toghether in one place for very long but, I treasure the memories and the times that we are still able to pull it off.
Here is our beautiful cake. I asked for orange tiger lilies and a "sherbert" collection of flowers for my bouquet and they made our cake to match. I also had this cool idea for the cake to be done with the greek design in blue and green leaves bordering. I think it turned out lovely.
My Mom bought us this sweet porclein swan cake topper made by Lennox. It was "the cherry on the cheesecake." Our cake was three layers- white with strawberry filling(mine), chocolate with bavarian cream(Brian's) and the top was marble with cream. Once we brought it home, it didn't make it past two weeks, let alone a year, with Brian looking for dessert in the freezer!
The Making of a Bride
One final look in the mirror as the girl I used to be meets the woman I have become. I am ready.
The Ceremony
First, comes Brian's parents and Grandmother. I choose the theme song for the secret wedding from the movie soundtrack Braveheart for our procession. It was so beautiful, it actually made a few people cry.
This was the forging of two living souls within the bonds of matrimony and beneath the eyes of our Lord until The Temple brings to us our eternity.
Our LDS Bishop performed our ceremony and we were so happy to have some one we knew and trusted. I loved how proud he made us feel in our choosing to make such a beautiful covenant as marriage has been. Here we are doing the ring exchange. We were deathly afraid that my ring was going to be difficult to get on because of my big knuckles. We actually practised on several occasions beforehand and I was sure to have a good deal of vasoline on my finger by this time. However, it was actually Brian's ring that I had trouble getting on and after I pushed and shook his hand into it a little, Bishop Walker looked at us, smiled and said, "Well, those aren't ever coming off."
I love this angle. We are hearing our vows and saying our "I Dos". We are only minutes from being announced Man and Wife...
Now introducing Mr. and Mrs. Brian Hotchner! I love this photo. We are turning to the crowd for the first time together as a couple and I remember thinking we are about to walk out into the world, hand and hand, never to be alone again. How precious a thought.
You looked Beautiful Mama! I wished I could have walked with you down the isle too.
Here is baby Zoey. She was going through a 'finger-in-the-nose' stage at this time, especially when she was feeling scared or shy.
The Wedding Party
This is our Great looking Wedding Party! This is my favorite photo of us together with the sunlight streaming in. It was so beautiful outside, just a slight breeze, warm sunshine and the sweet fragrance of fresh cut grass, pool water and flower nectar.
"Sisters are Forever" (Love ya Roo!)
"The Best of Men are Brothers in Heart"
Thank you Nana, my sweet elf princess, for sprinkling your magic fairy petals to mark my path to my long lost fairy unicorn husband.
Brought together at last and reunited under the sacred trees of Unicornia Kingdom!Family Collages
Sister Kay-Lynn, Greg and son, Conner.
Sister Erica, Vince and family, Anna, Olivia, Anthony and Daniel.
Sister Tiffany and Children, Rhiannon, Ryder and Racer.
" All my sisters together...Smile!" From left to right, Erica, Kaylynn, Tiffany, Me, Michelle, Debbie and Lisa.
These are all my siblings, six sisters and one brother. We love you Bretty Boy! Poor Brett-The only boy growing up in a house with six females and only one other bathroom with curling irons and blow dryers everywhere. We actually had a bathroom time schedule posted on the door for early morning during Jr. and Highschool days with 5-10 minute slots for showers, etc.
Even Dinnertime and especially, Birthdays, which were at least once a month, holidays, vacations and Christmas were huge 'festivals' for a family this size! This is my entire extended family, give or take a few. I have felt so blessed in my life to have grown up surrounded by such a large family. I have never been without a friend, companion or playmate.
This is Brian's Family, so small in comparison to mine. Yet, just as full of love and compassion for one another and a great deal of care and concern for one another's well being, as you might imagine as every last person makes up a huge part of their family unit. Brian has often expressed to me his delight in marrying into a huge family. He tells me, "There is always something interesting going on in everyone's lives and the reunion parties are awesome!"
Here we are with our combined parents. What a special and rare opportunity to have our parents meet and get to spend the day sharing and witnessing our love for one another.
Freida, Brian's Grandmother and I. (We love you G'ma!)
This is our Sister Missionaries, Sister Daniels-Brown, Sister Jolliver and Sister McDaniels. They helped Brian and I so much with preparing for our marriage and teaching us all we will need to know to attend the Temple together this year. Thank you and we love you girls!
Our Photo Shoot
Okay, this is a great shot of my dress. I Loved this dress. It took me three stores, several magazines and many sleepless nights on the internet to find one that I didn't think was too fancy. This one had 'Jenn' written all over it. The sash was so beautiful with little delicate pearl designs all along the back and down to the floor.
Of course, we decided not to do the garter toss but, I couldn't help just a little sneak peak for the camera. Just look at the bratty little look on my face. Naughty girl!
The sunlight and settings for our special day at The Secret Garden were fabulous for the photography. I love this photo and the natural way Brian and I are holding one another.
"I can feel the magic floating in the air."I love the way that black and white always has a way of capturing the essence of movement with such grace when presented without the distraction of color.
Yet, of course, isn't color the ultimate in sensation and vibrance in bringing to life the flesh and could we truly be any luckier? I mean, what a sweet, colorful couple we make.
This is my absolute favorite photo of 'The Hotchner Family Trio'. In this picture Zoey is actually looking and smiling at one of the cute, fluffy little bunny rabbits that is hopping around free on the lawn at the Secret Garden. Good timing!
Our wedding day was such a happy day. I didn't even need coaxing to smile for our photos, I was all grins, joy and laughter. I told Brian that the day couldn't have gone any more perfectly.
Our first dance was to Brad Paisley's, "She's Everything". We practiced our 'dance routine' for two weeks prior, including, our cute little twists and turns, in which I very nearly lost my tiara on one and tripped over my dress on another. We did, however pull off one very elegant and lovely spin which, thankfully, we even have on tape thanks to our videographer. So, our hard work paid off and we so totally enjoyed the fun of the spotlight for the moment.
"The Kiss" It was so much fun feeling like movie stars for the day!
Dinner and the Toast
DeWayne & Kathy Bowman.
Mitch & Nancy Hotchner.
Our good friends Donald & Jennifer Tupper.
Rick & Leah Culley (McCormick) with family.
My favorite Missionary girls!
Our Toast. Notice how little Zoey has somehow found Mama again? I think that she was up in my arms nearly that entire night but, being as cute as she is, how could I say no?
My Mother and Me. I hope you know how much I Love You Mom. When I danced my Mommy-Daughter dance with Zoey, I was starring and smiling at you because even if you couldn't get up and dance with us physically, your heart and spirit were and forever dancing intwined with mine will your soul always be.
My Father-Daughter Dance. I loved getting to have a special dance with you Dad. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding such a special day to remember. I Love you and appreciate all that you are to me and all you have struggled with, waiting for me to become the woman I am now. Your little girl is all grown up and has become someone that you can be proud of.
Here is Brian's Daddy-Daughter Dance. They danced to Mongomery Gentry's, "I 'm a lucky man". Zoey loves her Daddy so much and Brian, You are such a good father. You are so forgiving and try again each and everyday to be a better man. I love you!
This is our little family and that's "Love" captured in black and white.
"I love parties!" Zoey was so cute out on the dance floor.
Here is everybody dancing to the Macarana.
They did a whole bunch of fun, group dances and everyone really got into it, totally sober too!
Check out Brian's special Cowboy dance moves.
"Ring around the rosey." I love that Brian's Grandmother was totally out on the dance floor boogying the night away!
Here's our best man, Dustin, break dancing! Did anyone know that he could dance?
"Go Dustin, go Dustin! Its your Birthday, its your Birthday!"
Time to cut the cake.
A sweet Ending to a perfect day. The End!
















4 comments:
It was fun to look at all the wedding pictures again, you're a good storyteller. That must have taken you a long time to put that together. It was a beautiful wedding, I'm glad that we were able to be there and enjoy your special day.
In case anyone is wondering, Yes, it took close to 13 hours to put together our online wedding album. I had to put together file folders of photos, seperate them, put them in order and then post them backwars, starting at the end because of the way blogger posts the pictures on top of one another. Then, of course, I couldn't help writting a small BOOK to go along with all my pictures! You know me. It was fun and long over due. I will always cherish it and have this album and journal to show for all my hard work. That is cool. Hope you all enjoy the show. Love Jenn
WOW Jenn!!! What a cool wedding post on your blog. I was going to ask the same question...how long did it take you to post it? Now I know. 13 hours...what was Zoey and Brian doing while you were working on the computer?? When I first started my blog, I put wedding pictures on it but I only got to the ceremony and didn't finish posting all the other photos. Sometime, I will do like you did and post the whole wedding on-line. Little Brenna keeps me busy and I can imagine when Chantrell comes home I will be busy times two.
Actually, it was 13 hours spread over the course of three days. I just kept saving it as a draft until I was finished. Some parts I did early in the morning before leaving for work while Zoey watched carttons but, the majority I just had to wait until both Brian and Zoey were fast asleep and then I worked late into the night,from 9 pm till 2 am the first night and I was up finishing the last touches until 4 am the final night. No easy task but, thank goodness for a fair share of determination with OCD sprinkled on top! Love Jenn
Post a Comment