Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A good pinch and a bad pinch

Well, for the last year, after Zoey gets changed and dressed, it is tradition for Zoey to climb up onto my bathroom counter each day for our morning ritual. First, she gets her hair squirt bottled and combed while she smells my little bottle of paradise perfume, (I never actually use it, but keep it simply because it smells just like Mom and Zoey always tells me, "Your Mommy has this back home in O'gon." You remember showing her your big bottle, Mom). Then she puts on my chapstick while begging me to put eyeshadow on her and then, she picks out a yummy body spray from my collection. Lastly and her most favorite part, Zoey gets to pick out a set of sticker earrings to match her outfit. Well, for the past month, she has been begging me for pretty dangly earrings to wear like Mama's. Soooo, I told her it was going to hurt and showed her with my fingernail and asked her if she thought she still wanted them and she said, "Yup."


"Thats my good pinch!"
Yup, here they are! Aren't they cute and doesn't she just look so sweet and happy? Brian got to take her to the mall while I was at school. The guy had to pierce them one at a time and told her before they began that if she held perfectly still for him, he would give her a lolipop. So, he did the first one, asked her if she was ready for the second one and she said, "Yup". Then, he did the second one and Brian says Zoey didn't even cry, just looked the guy dead in the eyes and said, "Where's my lolipop!"Can you believe it!? Thats my little soldier, what a big girl! I told her how proud Mommy was that she didn't even cry.

"I'm so cute, so cute, so cute!"

My bad pinch...

One morning, I gave Zoey a handful of jellybeans and then proceeded to get ready for work while she disappeared somewhere down the hall. Well, it wasn't long before I heard a sound and then, crying and I ran downstairs to find her at the bottom holding up her hands which were covered in dirt and mud as well as the rest of her clothes. I couldn't figure out what the heck had happened nor where the dirt came from. I looked outside and was asking her where it had come from when I turned around to see that the lid to the crab cage was open. She had pulled up a chair, climbed up, taken the lid off and dropped her jellybeans in the water and on the sand where they were slowly turning the sand techno-rainbow flavored and taken two of the biggest monster crabs to place on top of her creation when they climbed out and pinched her, one on each finger! I can only imagine the look of shock on her face when it happened. Poor little girl. Well, she learned a very valuable lesson and had some cool battle scars to show to the other kids at her "day care" with Miss Liz.

"Ouch! Poor little Zoe, Zoe."

2 comments:

pkabow said...

Those are two of the most precious stories I have ever heard. She is the cutest little girl!! You can be righteously proud of her. Tell her I think she is just too cute and so very smart!

Michelle Lee said...

I agree with mom. Zoey is such a bright cute little girl. I love her new pierced ears. She is looking so grown up now. Sorry about the bad pinches on her fingers. Ouchie Mama!!! It's hard to watch her every moment and keep her out of harms way. My little girls will be twice the handful that Zoey is. They will have me running around in circles trying to keep up with them.