Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day 2008

For Labor Day, I finally had my first day off to spend with my family in a month. We actually did something ridiculous but, fun. We spent hours in Walmart going up and down nearly every isle just for the fun of it, looking at ideas for Brian, Mine and especially Zoey's Birthdays that are all coming up. Zoey sat inside the basket and I collected pillows and soft comfy thing to make her a make-shift bed for the 'cart princess' while we shopped. When we got home, I changed the house seasons decor from summer to the beggining of fall and then, we had a night time barbeque.

Seasons Change...

This was summer flowers...

To fall pumpkins...
Summer seaside shells...

To early fall leaves and pumpkins...
Good bye Summer, Hello Holidays!
Our Night Time Barbeque...

Brian and Zoey outside barbequing.

Yummy Chicken!

"I love you, a bushel and a peck"

Mama Jenn

My hubby, Brian and brother, Bretty Boy enjoying the super spicy salsa and guacamole.
"Its yummy, Mama. My tummy's happy!"
"Smile like ya mean it!"
Good job-Nice smile!
Our turn Zoey, say 'macaroni and cheese'!
Here is Brett smiling for the camera-Zoey took this photo! No kidding.

Zoey with her "Unca Bwit".
Ahhh, So cute!
The after party-full bellys, lying on the couch to watch TV. Zoey climbed into Daddy's pooka.
"I love you Daddy."
"Opps, I am in trouble. This is me sitting on my special time-out stair. Don't I look pleased with myself. I had my fingers into Mommy's candles and she caught me. Oh darn it."
"Okay time-out is over. Come cuddle with me."
Here is Zoey drawing. I swear she is going to be an artist, just like her Mama.
Just look how intent she is on her picture. She spends hours drawing and can even mimick just about anything that I draw for her first by showing her how.
Here is Zoey's bulletin/dry erase board that Bri and I got her at Walmart that day. She spent nearly an hour after dinner, alone in her room, simply drawing and erasing her pictures on the little dry eraser board. Too cute.


Here is video of Zoey drawing.

Good Night "Your Mommy and Daddy"
(This is what Zoey calls her Grandma and Grandpa Bowman in Oregon)

I love you, Happy Labor Day!

3 comments:

ebow said...

Love the picts Jen. It's fun to see Bwit too. Tell him Hi for us.

Love you guys,
Erica

pkabow said...

What a cute post! It gave me insight into life at the Hotchner's house. It was nice to include Brett in your photos. Your labor day looked like fun.

Michelle Lee said...

That was so cute of Zoey drawing and telling about her pictures. She is right on track with her drawings and descriptions. I almost cried when I saw the pictures of Brett. I haven't seen him in over a year and I miss him very much. I'm glad he got to live with you guys for awhile and get to know Zoey. I hope Brett gets things going in the right direction. I hope he can be happy again. I loved all the pictures that you took and the comments. It told a great story from beginning to end about your Labor Day fun. Thanks for sharing!! Love you guys, Shelly and family